Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Where the Sidewalk Ends
Written By: Shel Silverstein
HarperCollins Publishers
November 1974
Ages: 9-12
Pages: 166

Summary

This is one of my favorite book of poems of all time. Shel Silverstein has the wonderful and unique ability to get children to love poetry through witty and hilarious verse. Some are serious, but most of the time they're not and they talk about funny situations children get into and funny stories that children can get interested in.

Who would benefit from reading this book?

I think anyone would benefit from reading this book. It's a lighthearted book that will keep you guessing and laughing and asking for more the whole way through.

What problems do you see arising from reading this book?

I currently do not see any problems arising from reading this book.

What was your reaction?

I absolutely LOVE this book and I have ever since I was little. I think I was first introduced to these poems when I was about in the third grade or so. I fell in love with the poems because they made me laugh so much and I eventually got all three of the poem books for a present one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment