Saturday, January 23, 2010

Each Peach, Pear, Plum

Each Peach, Pear, Plum
By: Janet and Allan Ahlberg
Scholastic Inc.

March 1979
Ages: 3-6 years
Approx. 20 pages.

Summary
This unique little book transforms simple, classic nursery rhymes and fairytales into fun and exciting "I-spy" pages easy enough for young children to interact with. Such stories include, Tom Thumb, Old Mother Hubbard, Cinderella, The Three Bears, Baby Bunting, Bo-Peep, Jack and Jill, A wicked witch and Robin Hood.
Who would benefit from reading this book?
I think everyone would benefit from reading this light, fun book with a unique and simple twist on the "I-Spy" pages. Young children will enjoy looking for the different characters hiding in each different page of the story.
What Problems could this book potentially cause?
I do not see this book causing any problems.
My Reaction-
This book was just plain fun. When I was younger, I enjoyed the book not only because of the appearance of some of myfavorite fairytale characters, but because it was combined with easy "I-Spy" images!

No comments:

Post a Comment