Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mafia to Mormon: My Conversion Story

Mafia to Mormon: My Conversion Story
By: Mario Facione
Cedar Fort Incorporated
August 2004
Ages: 12 and up
Pages:105

Summary
This compelling, gripping, non-fiction drama is just as it's title says it is. It's about the long-coming, yet dangerous and difficult conversion story of someone steeped deep within the Italian mafia who finds the truth through two LDS missionaries.
Who would benefit from reading this book?
I think most people would benefit from reading this story. Many of the themes of determination, salvation, honor and duty resonate with those who read it.
What Problems Could this Book Potentially Cause?
I would not reccommend this book to anyone younger than the age of twelve. It's themes and some of the circumstances and situations in this book like robbery, murder,coarse attitudes etc. might make the wrong impression on a younger person.
My Reaction
I recieved this book as a gift and I am absolutely and totally impressed with the quality and depth of the writing. I would definitely reccomend it to anyone who was interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment