Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Tale of Peter Rabbit

The Tale of Peter Rabbit
By: Beatrix Potter, Illustrated By: David McPhail
Scholastic Inc.
1986
Ages: ?
Approx. 15 to 20 pages

Summary
This book is about a young, mischevous rabbit who learns a lesson after he disobeys his mother and goes into the forbidden garden of Mr. McGregor's garden for some tasty snacks.
Who Would benefit from reading this book?
I think virtually anyone would benefit from reading this book. It's a classic that everyone should read at least once in their lifetime. Beatrix Potter is truly a master of children's literature.
What Problems would this book potentially cause?
The only thing I might be worried about with this book is that children might get the wrong idea. They might think, "Well, if Peter can disobey his mommy and in the end and not really get in trouble for it, then I can too!"
What was your reaction to this book?
I've always loved anything by Beatrix Potter. Growing up in England, any book by Beatrix Potter was a staple in many of the classrooms I was a student in and Peter Rabbit is one of my very favorites of Ms. Potter's books.
"Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose!
Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose!
Little Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose,
And he flicked it and it flew away!"
Reading this book over again reminded me of a British Nursery Rhyme I used to sing with my siblings when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment